CCGI are seeking a Contract Manager/ Senior Engineer with a minimum six years’ experience working in the ground investigation industry. The candidate will be well organised, quality orientated and self motivating.
You will be working as part of our engineering department in a predominantly office based role. You would have the responsibility of managing several ground investigation contracts from award of works through to successful completion. Contracts will vary in size from several day’s work through to larger projects involving multiple resources and £100k’s in value.
We are a small friendly team of engineering geologists and project managers, with a strong training and mentoring focus to support the development of each individual.
Flexible working including options to work from home can be considered.
The role will include:
- Receiving tender information from our bid team and understanding the commercial / budget constraints of the work
- Responsibility for organising the investigation works including programming, resourcing, procurement and close liaison with suppliers and our client
- Preparation of briefs and instructions for the execution of the works
- Helping to establish the works on site and ensure that all field staff understand project requirements
- Ongoing communication and management of the investigation team through fieldwork to ensure technical, commercial, quality and safety compliance
- Processing of field information
- To manage key delivery dates of post fieldwork stages. Including issue of draft logs, reports, scheduling of laboratory testing and preparation of valuations
- Use of company financial control management systems
Essential requirements include
- Minimum of six years working in the Ground Investigation sector managing and supervising investigation projects
- Extensive experience supervising investigation works on site including knowledge and experience of logging soil and rock in accordance with BS5930 2020 and EC7, site sampling, in situ testing and laboratory testing in accordance with best practice and current standards
- Commercial awareness to manage budgets for each ground investigation
- Experience of setting up and executing investigation contracts in accordance with current best working practice and standards
- Awareness and understanding of site H&S requirements including CDM Regulations
- Full UK driving license.
The role offers a very competitive package, including paid overtime, and represents a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates with potential annual earnings up to £44K OTE.
If you would like to be considered for the role please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01452 739165 for more information.
Closing date 28/07/2023