Summary of Position
Be a vital member of the Drilling Department of a geotechnical and geo-environmental ground investigation company. Operate a rotary drilling rig on a range of site environments throughout the UK to produce high quality samples, cores and in-situ test results to industry standards and maintain the high quality reputation of CC Ground Investigations Ltd.
- Very competitive package
- Salaried role from £25,000 – £42,000 basic starting salary, commensurate with experience
- Generous overtime payments
- Company pension and other benefits including overnight allowances, company credit card and mobile phone
- Structured training and personal development/progression plan
- Operation of multi-purpose geotechnical rotary drilling rigs
- Undertake geotechnical sampling, coring, open holing and in-situ testing to recognised industry standards
- High quality installation of geotechnical and geo-environmental monitoring equipment
- Responsible for onsite drilling operations and management of Drilling Support Operatives
- Maintain company drilling rig, equipment and vehicles to a high standard
- Produce BS5930 quality daily driller log sheets
- Liaise with clients and represent CCGI company interests
- Follow company operational and health and safety procedures
Requirements for position:
- In-depth working knowledge of drilling rigs and their capabilities. Preferably NVQ qualified.
- Excellent knowledge of the UK ground investigation industry, standards and working practices
- A good working knowledge of health and safety practises
- Willing to work throughout the UK and stay away overnight as contracts demand
- Industry relevant tickets/qualifications desirable including: CSCS, Shea Gas, BESC, PTS, CAT, manual handling, first aid
- Excellent communication skills to deal with CCGI staff and clients
- Solid planning/time management
- Personal motivation, organisation and self management
- You will possess a clean driving licence, ideally with entitlement for towing and driving vehicles up to 7.5 ton, although not essential as training can be provided.
If you would like to be considered for the role please email your CV to Rupert@ccground.co.uk or call 01452 739165 for more information.