Be a vital member of the Drilling Department of a geotechnical and geo-environmental ground investigation company. Operate a cable percussion drilling rig on a range of site environments throughout the UK to produce high quality samples, in-situ test results and installations to industry standards and maintain the high-quality reputation of CC Ground Investigations Ltd.
- Very competitive package
- Salaried role, commensurate with experience
- Generous overtime payments
- Company pension and other benefits
- Structured training and personal development/progression plan.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
- Operation of cable percussion drilling rigs
- Undertake geotechnical sampling and in-situ testing to recognised industry standards
- High quality installation of geotechnical and geo-environmental monitoring equipment
- Responsible for onsite drilling operations and management of Drilling Support Operatives
- Maintain company drilling rig, equipment and vehicles to a high standard
- Produce BS5930 quality daily driller log sheets
- Liaise with clients and represent CCGI company interests
- Follow company operational and health and safety procedures.
Requirements for Position:
- Based out of Gloucester office
- In-depth working knowledge of cable percussion drilling rigs and the techniques and tooling associated with this drilling method. Preferably NVQ qualified.
- Excellent knowledge of the UK ground investigation industry, standards and working practices
- A good working knowledge of health and safety practises
- Willing to work throughout the UK and stay away overnight as contracts demand
- Industry relevant tickets/qualifications desirable including: CSCS, Shea Gas, BESC, CAT, Manual Handling, First Aid
- Excellent communication skills to deal with CCGI staff and clients
- Solid planning/time management
- Personal motivation, organisation and self-management
- You will possess a clean driving licence, ideally with entitlement for towing although not essential as training can be provided.
If you would like to be considered for the role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01452 739165 for more information.