An opportunity has arisen for a graduate Engineering Geologist to develop a career with a friendly, thriving, privately owned site investigation contractor based in Gloucestershire.
Ideally suited to a recent graduate, a geologist from similar industries would be considered if they show suitable aptitude. The individual should be a well organised team player, who is quality orientated and self-motivating.
This is a predominantly a fieldwork-based role undertaking a wide range of engineering duties on sites throughout the UK. The logging of soils and rocks to relevant standards and supervision of several different types of drilling rig will be key activities. The individual must be able to work well as an individual and as part of a larger engineering team.
Primary job roles will include:
- Logging of soils and rocks onsite and at the Company’s headquarters
- In-situ testing and monitoring
- Processing of site data
- Planning and organising the fieldwork phase of site investigation projects
- Site supervision
- Communication with Clients and site occupiers.
Desirable skills include:
- Genuine interest to succeed and develop a career as an Engineering Geologist
- Genuine interest in developing field-based skills throughout the UK
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to process factual data
- A full and clean UK driving license is essential.
The role offers a very competitive package, including paid overtime, and represents a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
CC Ground Investigations Ltd provides a robust planned training and mentoring scheme to develop skills and experience for a proven career path within the company including mentoring and support towards Chartered Geologist status.
For further information on the role or to apply please contact Elizabeth Withington (Email: email@example.com). Closing date for applications 29 March 2019.