We currently have a vacancy for a Site Technician to work alongside our Engineering Team to provide testing and monitoring services throughout the UK. Previous experience in a similar role and industry experience is desirable although not essential as full training will be given.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
- Undertake post-fieldwork site monitoring of borehole installations to determine water and gas levels
- Take water samples from boreholes using a variety of pumps and bailers. This will include borehole purging and well development
- Monitoring of inclinometers, pneumatic piezometers, vibrating wire piezometers and other types of installation
- Assisting with soakaway testing and other fieldwork duties
- Undertake field testing including light weight dynamic probing (TRL DCP etc.)
- Basic soil logging of inspection pits etc. to current standards
- Assisting with sample collection, preparation, site deliveries and collections
- Maintenance and calibration of testing/sampling equipment
- Follow company operational and health and safety procedures
- Liaise with clients and site occupiers to organise access to sites.
Requirements for Position:
- Based out of Gloucester office
- Industry relevant tickets/qualifications including: CSCS, manual handling, asbestos awareness etc, are desirable, but training can be completed once in post.
- Good organisational and recording skills with the ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Good level of literacy, numeracy and IT skills will be required to compile and process field test results, probe results etc
- Personal motivation, organisation and self-management
- Works/sites will be throughout the whole of the UK and involve staying away. Some weekend work should also be anticipated
- Must possess a clean UK driving licence.
- Salaried role, plus overtime, commensurate with experience.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date Friday 28th February 2020.